Packing Up & Moving Out
- Start a month before the big move. Go room by room.. and pack for an hour a day. It’s a lot less stressful.
- You can pick up sturdy boxes for free from liquor or grocery stores.
- Check places like Habitat for Humanity ReStore or Goodwill for big clothes boxes.
- Pack small boxes on a tabletop if possible. That will keep you from kneeling or bending for any length of time.
- Donate or sell whatever furniture or appliances you don’t absolutely need.
- Pack your medications, medical records, financial records and any other important documents in separate boxes.. and take them with you on moving day!